Feb 27, 2009

Priority Seat

What's the meaning of "PRIORITY SEAT"?

About a week ago while on the (crowded) train back home (off peak hours), I heard two strangers (1 elderly man & 1 middle age man) quarrelling... over a seat (-.-)

The elderly man was fiecrely pointing at the "Priority seat" signage to the middle age man, demanding that man to give up his seat. That man did give up his seat but said, "ah Pek, I paid for the seat too le~~!"

The elderly sat down but was obviously furious after hearing such words. He rebuted, "Didn't you see this sign???!!" (point point point) The middle age man replied, "Yes, I saw the sign but you dun have to talk like that."

Actually the middle age man wasnt seating on the corner seat. He was seating on the 2nd seat.

Both of them went on and on which created a scene as the ah pek said he wanted to complain to the train operator.

Then the middle age man said, "uncle... if u want priority, tell your sons, daughters, grandson, etc. to buy you a car if not an aeroplane so to bring you around with top priority instead of fighting for a seat in the public. and.. uncle if you keep talking so loudly, be careful of your health. You will get high blood pressure"

This comment was funny.. I was giggling after I heard it. Anyhow, the middle age man reached his destination and left.

Personnally, I felt that the elderly should have asked nicely for someone to give up the seat. He should not have the thinking that he MUST have a seat as he is old. While the middle age man... I felt that his comment on "I have paid for the seat" is wrong.

I had given up seats for eldery before and fortunately all of them thank me for it which I appreciate it.

No comments: